Dallas Cowboys Training Camp ScatterBrain
Just a few days into The Greatest Show on Earth, the 2015 version of Jerry’s three ring circus, complete with media clowns, has proven to be everything but boring. Of course, Jerry doesn’t allow boring. So here are the dramatic moments so far in camp:
- Jeremy Mincy decides he needs to play more…………..last year! And because this need is suddenly acute, he decides he will not play in Camp this
year till he can play 11 more plays last year. That’s all he needs for that $500,000 bonus to kick in……………………………………………..Just in case the Cowboys Brass is not willing to negotiate regarding last year, Mincey is more than willing to discuss this year’s contract which has already been signed and agreed to. Mincey is unwilling to let details mar such a pristine request to right last year’s wrong!
- Darren McFadden decides that his hamstring is not quite as healthy as everyone was lead to believe, including himself. So, sadly, another veteran is forced, forced mind you, to resort to the sidelines to slowly bring his health back up to Jason Garrett standards while the real work is done on the field.
- Jerry Jones proves once again the mistake his mother made teaching him to talk. It is a scientific reality that Jerry Jones and Cameras and Microphones always meet. The only scientific theory under consideration is whether the microphones and cameras are attracted to Jerry or Jerry is
attracted to them!
- For the second year in a row, Jerry Jones has refused to wax eloquent about the Super Bowl odds of his ‘Boys reaching the final game of the NFL season. For some strange reason, the declining nature of Jerry’s prognostications eerily coincides with the ascendancy of Cowboys talent and success on the field. Cowboys fans will take such odd coincidences every day. Of course, Randy Galloway says it simply slipped Jerry’s mind!
- By the way, Jerry says it was a catch! Bless his heart!
- Speaking of the second year of Training Camp Tradition, Dez Bryant has now found himself in a fight with a teammate / cornerback for the second year in a row. Last year it was Morris Claiborne before he was injured. This year it was Tyler Patmon. Of course, the make-up hug lasted longer than the fight. Let’s move on!
- At least Tony Romo has his priorities in order. He hates all NFC East teams!
- Now that Jeremy Mincey has returned and is on the field, fully compensated for last years play shortage, he looks solid as expected.
- Looks like Rookie 1st round pick Byron Jones can play. Dez doesn’t hand out compliments very often, especially to a rookie!
- If the ESPN Sportscenter Special is any indication of Jon Gruden’s talents, Jerry Jones should immediately hire him as Head of Cowboys Marketing! The Cowboys could do no wrong!
- The only thing we are sure about when it comes to Kicker Dan Bailey is that he’s obscenely boring! He rarely misses!
- Last but not least, Jerry Jones doesn’t have a boring bone in his body!